Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has announced a new “Tier 0” data storage platform – HPE Primera.
“Tier 0” means a set of requirements for IT infrastructure for running mission critical workloads, for example:
- 100% availability;
- the lowest possible latency;
- the highest possible performance;
- Quality of Service – precise IOPS, bandwidth and latency goals for different types of workloads;
- End-to-End Data Integrity – data integrity throughout their life cycle: creating, processing, copying, transferring, archiving and finally destroying.
Up to now, only very large organizations could afford “Tier 0”data storage systems , as it was expensive, complicated and time-consuming to maintain them.
With HPE Primera, the situation has changed fundamentally – now a medium and big – sized Latvian company can buy and, most importantly, maintain and manage the “Tier 0” data storage. This is possible due to the following HPE Primera unique technologies and service programmes:
- HPE Infosight – Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven IT infrastructure service solution that provides personalized recommendations to prevent compatibility issues or manual configuration errors and helping to achieve maximum performance. Infosight “understands” not only the data storage itself, but also other infrastructure elements (switches, servers, hypervisor), up to the operating system and application level. Infosight can prevent up to 86% of data storage issues of which 54% arise from above the storage layer.
- Active/Active Mesh hardware architecture, where all disk array resources are simultaneously available to all controllers. Specialized, very fast ASIC processors perform data processing (RAID calculations, deduplication, inline compression) and provide controller-to-controller communications for highest performance, minimum latency and highest availability indicators. The HPE Primera architecture enables full use of NVMe, Storage Class Memory and NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF) technologies.
- According to the “Tier 0” requirements, HPE Primera provides a unique 100% availability warranty, whereby, in the event of downtime, HPE undertakes to refund up to 20% of the HPE Primera purchase value.
- “The Timeless Storage” – “HPE Technology Refresh Service” programme that replaces storage controllers every 3 years with newer and more powerful models.
- High-end data services and functionality are included in the price of HPE Primera data storage: synchronous and asynchronous replication, stretch clusters, Thin Provisioning, Thin Conversion, Thin Persistence, Thin Copy Reclamation, etc.
- Modular operating system architecture where the above data services and operating system components are isolated in independent “containers”. This allows the administrator to perform zero risk software updates independently of the manufacturer’s service engineers within 5 minutes without having to restart the system.
- Self-service user experience. The administrator can add or replace storage controllers, disk racks, disks, power supply units, etc., without downtime and without the involvement of HPE technical specialists.
- Extensive integration with business applications, data storage products developed by HPE and other manufacturers, cloud service providers (Azur, Amazon, etc.), as well as data centre automation solutions (vCenter, vRealize, etc.).
If you would like to find out more about the HPE Primera data storage, to try it out or learn about other issues related to IT infrastructure, please contact Adaptive. Our sales and technical specialists will help you find the best solution for your situation.
Phone: +371 677 965 66; e-mail: email@example.com